- Sprains and strains – a sprain is a torn ligament whereas a strain is a torn muscle or tendon. Both have symptoms of extreme pain, swelling, bruising and trouble moving that specific area. These are caused by falling or sudden pull or twisting.
- Shin injuries/splints – different areas can affect the shin. It can be on the side, in front or at the back side. This can be due to running improperly or falling. Symptoms that may persist may be tightness, tenderness, swelling and/or extreme pain.
- Fractures – this occurs whenever the force exerted on the knee is stronger than the bone itself. Open fracture is when there is an open wound seen on the skin whereas in a closed fracture, there is none. The fracture may only be seen inside.
- Dislocation – is the common injury on the joint. This occur when two bones hot each other. This is extremely painful and usually temporarily immobilizes your joint.
- AC separation/fracture – the ligaments connecting in the shoulders have been separated. These fractures can range from mild to severe cases.
- Knee injury/ACL injury – playing football can cause ACL injury, this is often caused by a direct hit to the knee. Some of ACL injury can also be due to hyperextending the knee
- Concussion – this is a direct blow to the brain. This means that the brain is injured. It should be noted that even people that are conscious can experience concussions. If symptoms like difficulty talking, drowsiness, headache, irritability, nausea, depression and difficulty to remember, one should immediately consult his/her doctor.
Find out more by visiting our doctors.
Contact Faith Medical Group at +65 6444 8019 or drop by at our clinics!