- Nail injuries – exposure to chemicals like detergents or acetone or nail polish
- Vitamin deficiency
- Eating disorder – anorexia nervosa
- Too much contact with silver and arsenic
- Too much cleaning and scraping off nails done in nail spa
- Make sure you get enough vitamins for your nails (Vitamin A, B-12, C and D)
- Take your daily dose of minerals such as iron, protein and calcium
- Dairy products, fruits and vegetables are 3 key factors that can generally improve the health of your nails
- Home remedies that can be used to strengthen and maintain healthy nails can be : olive oil, honey, salt, creams, tea tree oil and vegetable oil.
- Medication prescribed by doctor – medicated polish/cream
- Treatments present in the clinic – please consult your doctor for any available treatments suitable for your nails.
- Laser therapies
- Nail removal – for severe cases
Contact Faith Medical Group or drop by at our clinics!