Healthy sperm criteria
- Quantity – men are most likely fertile when their single ejaculation consist of more than 15 million sperm/ml.
- Quality – upon laboratory checking, sperms should have oval heads and long tails. So the more normal looking one’s sperm is, the higher quality it is.
- Movement/motility– to reach a egg, sperm must swim and wiggle through the cervix, fallopian tubes and uterus of a woman. If you have more than 40% moving sperm count, then you are most likely fertile.
- Weight management – looking good on the outside also means looking good for your sperms. When you lose weight, it reinvigorates your reproductive system since excess fat can lower your testosterone levels.
- Avoid soy – since soy is known to produce estrogen, sperm production may be compromised.
- Stay active – staying physically active will increase your sperm count.
- Visit your doctor – for proper nutrition and guide to a healthier sperm.
- Avoid smoking cigarettes – may lower sperm count and motility.
- Cut down caffeine – high soda/caffeine intake may slow down sperm production.
Where can you find more information?
Contact Faith Medical Group at +65 6444 8019 or drop by at our clinics!