- Rake accidents – carelessly left lying on the floor of the lawn may inflict a very painful injury for runners. When stepped on, it might even go through the shoe to the feet. We should always be careful when running outdoors. Always check your pathway.
- Inflammation – too much running may result to muscle damage and inflammation
- Cardiac events – some runners push themselves to the limit and when their bodies can no longer take it, it collapses. Some runners, while running, have cardiac arrest due to intense pressure from the heart. It is always best to keep track of your heart rate and regularly check with our doctor with regards to the health of your heart.
- Fractures/sprains/strains – most runners have injuries whenever they fall, or whenever they don’t run properly. It is a must to wear proper shoes that fits your feet type and the sport you are about to join.
- Lower immune system – while exercising does miracles for our general health, too much of it might compromise our immune system. Running marathons causes our immune system into overdrive. With this, cortisol is released to limit swelling, thus compromising our immune system. Take vitamins and minerals to replenish what is lost.
- Tendonitis – occurs when tendons are inflamed from too much running
You may opt to run during the day to avoid stepping on things, you may follow trail runners to ensure safety, you should wear proper gear to prevent any injuries. Lastly, make sure that you are in the right condition to run whether it is a marathon or just actively exercising.
Where can you find more information?
Contact Faith Medical Group or drop by at our clinics!