- Osteoporosis – causes the bone to weaken and become brittle. Bending over or any stress felt might cause bone fracture. This occurs mainly in the spine, hip or wrist.
- Diabetes/thyroid/high cholesterol – these diseases are hormonal. Please see other articles for more information.
- Alzheimer’s – disease that attacks the brain. Normal targets memory, thinking and ones behavior. This disease, although may be common in some countries, is not part of the natural ageing process. This condition may cause someone to get anxious, confused and lost.
- Parkinson’s disease – affects the nervous system in a way that it affects the movement. This condition causes someone to constantly move, stiffness or slowing of ones movement. Medications, fortunately, can improve condition, however, it does not cure the disease.
- Cataracts – this is the clouding of the eye that causes blurriness and may sometimes lead to blindness. This may be due to genes, some through medications and injuries of the eye.
- Heart attacks/diseases – this may be one of the lead killer for elders. Heart stroke due to high cholesterol or unhealthy heart can be the cause.
- Hearing loss – some of the patients benefit from using hearing aid
- Depression – while most elders are taken good care off, there are a number of elders who are abandoned in care centers by their own family. In addition, their poor health adds to their feelings of sadness.
Where can you find more information?
Contact Faith Medical Group or drop by at our clinics!