- At a young age, our bodies need vaccines to fight off any diseases that can hinder the process of proper growth and nutrition.
- As we age, we need vaccinations to boosts our immune system and to help and support us fight off diseases.
- Vaccines are there to prevent us from getting sick
- To train our bodies to fight off such diseases that could be fatal diseases.
- Seasonal Flu – Influenza vaccine – every year
- Tdap or Td vaccine – should get one if was not able to get one during adolescence. Protection from cough, tetanus and the likes.
- HPV vaccine – protects both women and men from human papilloma viruses that causes cervical cancer
- Depending on your medical condition, some adults may need other vaccines if they have diabetes 1 and 2, HIV infection, liver and renal disease and weak immune system.
- For pregnant women – it is important to get Tdap vaccine every pregnancy at around 27-36 weeks .
- For heath workers – vaccines for hepatitis B, measles, mumps, chicken pox and meningococcal are some of the important vaccines one should consider
- To view a more detailed sample schedule of vaccinations please visit http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/downloads/adult/adult-schedule-easy-read.pdf
Where can you find more information?
Contact Faith Medical Group at +65 6444 8019 or drop by at our clinics!