What are the major risks that affect our cholesterol?
• Smoking tobacco
• Diet – eating junk foods and fatty foods.
• Lack of physical activity
• Medical/family history/genes
What can I do about my cholesterol levels? How can I improve it?
• Medications – as prescribed by your doctor
• Maintaining healthy lifestyle with physical activity
• TLC diet – low cholesterol and low saturated fat eating plan
• Weight management
Your doctor is there to help you get better, what better way to do this is to be pen and honest about your condition. Here are some tips that may help you.
• Be open and speak up about what your concerns
• Keep medical record
• Review and constantly evaluate progress
• Update your doctor and write down any changes
• Set an appointment and regularly visit your doctor.
What food should I limit?
• Butter and cheese
• Whole milk, ice cream
• High processed fat meats
• Fatty meats
• Oily fried food
• Oils and shortening
Cooking tips for healthier you!
• Use less oil or healthier oil instead like olive oil
• Boil and grill instead of frying
• Serve smaller portions of higher-fat
• Make your own or search for healthier recipes
Where can you find more information?
Contact Faith Medical Group or drop by at our clinics!